Muses are the Greek goddesses who presided over the arts and sciences. Traditionally there are nine muses but in Elysium Gates there are eleven, one presides over each subject area and coordinates the activities and volunteers of that area. Their Leader is Lady Kythera Ann.
Giving back, helping others, participating. Ideas to help the foundation sustain and support charitable projects via fundraisers like contests, casino nights, and raffles are some aspects of muses. Encouraging the arts, music, theater, and history through educational events are other examples of how muses can play key roles. These are things that Elysium Gates strongly believes in and therefore we make every effort to encourage and support those of like mind through a variety of volunteer programs that are administrated by the Foundation.
(linked to Elysium Gates description of the individual muse)
COMMUNITY AREA MUSE SERVES
(linked to Elysium Gates description of the individual area)
MUSE POSITION STATUS
(linked to email if filled)
(linked to volunteer created description of the individual muse)
Muse Miscellania Agora open Muse Polyhymnia Bibliotheke open Muse Prosperia Emporium open Muse Erato Gallery open Muse Clio Historia open Muse Urania Observatory open Muse Euterpe Orchestra open Muse Thalia Taverna filled Muse Thaila's Page! Muse Melpomene Theater open Muse Calliope Symposium filled Muse Calliope's Page! Muse Terpsichore Stoa open
- Go thoroughly through all the Elysium Gates and Foundation pages, it will help you with understanding the sites and being able to help others more readily...plus you can tell us of any glitches you find! Also please jot down any FAQ that come to mind as you are shmoozing around.
- Create a page about your Muse, also include a biography of yourself and links to your personal site. The format should be similar to the history/bios of the staff that can be found linked to: Mt Olympus after you have created the page(s), notify Kythera Ann who will link it here and on the area site. Be sure to add your page to the Muse ring (below).
- Always be aware of your area site at http://elysiumgates.com/area/0 and the corporate portal to your area which is found at http://elysiumgates.com/area Kythera Ann will send a .zip file of the HTML for these pages. When you have changes you make them on your copy and email the HTML page(s) affected back to her. The format and graphics of these pages MUST be maintained the same as it is now. You are free to change text as needed (such as needing to put up a new contest or adding a new featured member) that of course is ok. Also you can add pages to the area site continuing the current design ...such as perhaps a book reviews by members page, etc. Any graphic or sidebar modification of these pages that you need including new graphic page titles, please Kythera Ann. All changes need to be sent to her as .html files. Remember to include any extra graphics. Never mess with the coding for the side bar unless specifically instructed to change something.
- Kythera will will send you the artwork you need to give out the Featured Site Award, contest award, etc. Also the original art for your Muse that Iris created will be sent...you may adapt the art for a signature file.
- If currently you have no Oracles or Torch Bearers for your area you will also temporarily be in charge of the area ring. All area Torchbearer and Oracle mail will be redirected to you, the muse, by Pandora until those slots are filled. If you are administering the area ring, Kythera will send you further instructions.
- Be sure to add the area ring and Elsyium Gates ring to your personal site on Elysium Gates, they both should reside on your index.html.
- You must send a welcome letter to each new member. Kythera will notify you of new members and send you a sample letter you can adapt. Remember to cc Kythera Ann the letters you send to new members! It's how she knows the new members are being taken care of in an expiditious manner.
- You need to send a congratulatory letter when you pick out a featured site. You can pick a featured site in your area monthly or quarterly. The site must have no broken images or links. You also need to notify Kythera Ann of the winner and update the appropriate site files. Kythera Ann will send you an example of an appropriate letter to send. When you have a featured new site, remember to announce and link it to the message board, same with new member sites once they are up.
- Be sure to send your area members a birthday card and cards for all the holidays. Also announce their birthday on the general and area message boards, encouraging people to sign their guestbooks and visit their sites.
- Every three months or so you should create a new contest for your area.
- You motivate and keep up to date the area charity project.
- If enough activity you can develop an area monthly or quarterly newsletter.
PURPOSE I VOLUNTEERING I PROJECTS I STAFF I CONTACT I CONTRIBUTE I GRAPHICS I SPONSORS I ELYSIUMGATES.COM
©Elysium Gates Foundation 2002-1010